/* mapa */

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Borat and News; Sempre bilingue

"Borat Make Funny Joke On Idiot Americans!"
I have already left something of Borat here at this webpage, but I should update that information. This interview and remarks about Sasha's work should be read before any critics on the character.
I leave just a small excerpt:

"I never felt like we tricked anyone in a cruel way. We gave people a chance to be themselves," he says. Some come out well, and others don't. The difference is that if you're over 35, you think you have the right to keep your regrettable moments private. If you're under 35, you realize that everything is public now. Even if your racist rant were for a show in Kazakhstan, it would be on the Internet anyway. Never trust anyone under 35. Especially if he has a video camera."

Erotic Murals Re-Exposed
The city buried by an eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD has now reopened one of the main attractions, the Lupanare. After a year-long restoration, the brothel in the ancient city of Pompeii is once again open for visitors. These murals were essentially ads, placed eye-catchingly above the portals of the single rooms. Curious people....
"Adultery was punishable by law in ancient Roman, but a married man who visited a prostitute wasn't considered an adulterer."

Berlusconi charged with corruption, I guess my italian friends will be pleased.

The day that changed the climate
Climate change has been made the world's biggest priority, with the publication of a stark report showing that the planet faces catastrophe unless urgent measures are taken to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Environmentalists should be happy with this report from a a former chief economist at the World Bank. I know I am, and maybe this will make some pressure on extrem-capitalist goverments.
On the Ecology wave: EU moves to make buildings greener. New measures to save power and avoid consuming so much. Simillar news poped up in Portuguese newspapers....

But now I move on to the Portuguese section:
Secção Portuguesa:

Já tinha falado sobre questões ambientais, e boas medidas a serem tomadas, complemento com um artigo do Diário de Notícias: Durão Barroso anuncia nova estratégia europeia. Aqui falamos de energia.

Informação: Na cidade de Ohrid na Macedónia existem 365 Igrejas.
Incrível não? Essa notícia está em alemão, pelo jornal Die Welt.
E a foto aqui ao lado é de uma dessas igrejas, a Basílica de São. Johannes von Kaneo, à beira-lago plantada. Para saberem onde é que fica Ohrid, é clicar no link que deixei lá em cima, no nome da cidade.

No mundo dos negócios:
Acordo de Cahora Bassa reforça relação entre Portugal e Moçambique
Ainda é sobre a central eléctrica de Cahora Bassa, que tratá benefícios económicos e ecológicos a ambos os países, mas agora também reforça uma relação politica entre Portugal e a sua ex-colónia Moçambique.

Aquele tema polémico.....
63 por cento dizem 'sim' à despenalização
Quando é que isto acaba e finalmente deixam de perseguir as mulheres????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home