/* mapa */

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Borat!

I have had the privilege to see Borat's movie last week and now I write my review. It's quite short and simple: I laughed from the beginning until the end, way after the cast presentation. I have never ever laughed so much in a cinema to this day. I almost wetted myself, and who knows me, knows I mean it. I laughed from one joke to the other non-stop.
Mr Sascha Baron Cohen, my hat goes to you, I bow in awe to this masterpiece. I had a lot of fun with Ali G, but this one went to a completly different level.
I leave some words of explanation on the Borat character from Mr. Cohen himself:
"The joke is not on Kazakhstan. I think the joke is on people who can believe that the Kazakhstan that I describe can exist - who believe that there's a country where homosexuals wear blue hats and the women live in cages and they drink fermented horse urine and the age of consent has been raised to nine years old [...]
I've been in a bizarre situation, where a country has declared me as its number one enemy. It's inherently a comic situation [...]

This is no justification I must add, only an explanation. Never justify, your enemies won't believe you, and your friends don't need it.
You can read the rest at: Baron Cohen comes out of character to defend Borat.
But what about before Sasha Cohen was big?
I found this documentary very interesting:




One of the funniest sketches I've seen from Ali G is with the writer and reporter Andy Rooney. He completly fell for the character and sterotype of the "hip-hopers" he represents. And even funnier is that I agree with everything that Mr Rooney said. Mr. Cohen did not expect to be challenged, but this time he was, and still did not came out of the character. Very well....



Now go and see Borat ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home